Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day

I seriously had a marvelous mother's day.  The kids and Eric blessed my sock off from the time they woke me to a breakfast in bed through the very end of the night when Eric gave me an extra long foot rub. 
Above:Mathias Below: Allie 
Brielle's card. 
Gifts. 
Eric even fixed the girl's hair for church. 
He also drove all the way to east Nashville with Mathias and brought home the most beautiful peonies flowers!  They are my favorite but I have never had any of my own. 
Part of the inside of Eric's card.  His quote made me tear up b/c my favorite thing to do with the children is to read them wonderful stories. 
My requested gift this year was a nature journal and supplies so I could create keepsakes with the kids. 
After church the family dropped me off at the Brentwood library for several hours so I could enjoy the adult section (which is in an entirely different end of the building from the kids area).  I walked up and down every aisle a few times, read a couple books and checked out a few more.  It was gloriously quiet. 
The kids even made me cookies and crafts in Sunday school!  I am so blessed to be their momma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half way

We are half way through our 1st week back and it’s been a whirlwind of facts, checklists, narration, a few tears, good books, chores, bible ...