We managed to push through and finish earlier than expected. I was planning an end of June finish but the kids were motivated to be done and rocked it out. They did great!
Mathias will now be in 4th grade, Allie in 2nd grade and Brielle will be in an early version of 1st grade. I am planning less busy work, more read alouds and lots of character/bible training. We are also going to attempt Art Lessons together as well as Science.
New curriculum choices will be:
- The Good and the Beautiful Language Arts
- poetry, grammar, handwriting, spelling, phonics, art study, geography, etc.
- The Good and The Beautiful History Year 1
- Drawing with Children for art lessons
- Beautiful Feet Character Training teaching through literature (really excited about this one)
- Classical Conversations Cycle 1 memory work
- Truth and Grace Catechism
- Journaling/Handwriting with cursive
- Nature Studies through literature and journaling
- The Good and The Beautiful Science
- Safety Unit
- Anthropoids Unit