Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Life Updates

This blog has really been suffering ever since we have come to Florida.  Between my illness and an ever- changing rhythm I have been struggling to keep up with life.  To be honest, I haven't even exercised for fear of a flare-up which in turn would slow down everything else.  Thank the Lord I have a very helpful husband and very sweet kiddos but I feel like something has to give.  
I am coming up on the end of my 2 month treatment.  I don't feel 100% better.  But I do feel somewhat better.  Now I am left to figure out how to start over with my health journey.  When and how to exercise, what to eat when- all the while keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers lifted that my body doesn't relapse.  
I would love to start taking pictures again.  Real pictures, with my real camera.  I'd love to run to the park with the children again and not feel like death for two days after.  I'd love to have the energy to homeschool, keep the house up to standards, exercise and make healthy meals and still have time for fun extra things like library runs, girl's shopping trips and date nights.
One step at a time.  My first couple goals are to move or stretch everyday even if it is light and easy.  Just do something so I am not so weak and tight.  Then I would love to make healthy, simple meals more often than not including Eric's lunches again.  Then we will see...
We have made some adjustments to the homeschool recently b/c after 8 weeks of giving all of our new things a try some of the books just aren't working.  Mathias is doing great!  He is independent and self-motivated for the most part.  Some days we are finished just after lunch and others we are wrapping up as Eric gets home from work but we love to do school together.  The girls are doing pretty well but I found a few books that were leaving them behind or just not clicking so after some discussion with Eric we decided to tweak a few things.  We will see how the new approach works after several weeks.  Fingers crossed again.
Thanksgiving is coming up and since we had to cancel our trip to Texas due to family illness we decided to host it here again with a few other family members joining us.  I am looking forward to being in our own home.

Side Note:  If you would like to see more of our day-to-day I use the app SNAPCHAT a lot.  The video clips and pictures go away after 24 hours but it's a fun way to peek into our exciting homeschool life.  If you download the free app to your phone you can look me up under 
kjohnson0724
Kelli Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half way

We are half way through our 1st week back and it’s been a whirlwind of facts, checklists, narration, a few tears, good books, chores, bible ...