Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016 Reflections

Oh 2016- I rather liked you.  When I scroll through my social media feeds however, most people seem to differ greatly.  Reflecting back there are obviously some things I would do differently, but nothing extremely major.

Our fall semester of school was our most efficient one yet.  We are really enjoying our new curriculum and have settled into a regular weekly routine.  Tweaks are still being made every now and then but the overall school atmosphere is peaceful and productive.

Our entire family now participates in daily workouts at Combustion Crossfit and it's been a blessing to be part of that community.  The kids are loving their workouts and getting stronger- just like dad and mom.  And an extra plus and a very large factor in all of us joining was so that we could all be together in the evenings- as a family. 

We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary this year.  I personally think that is huge!  I remember being 21 years old and just getting married, looking at all the couples who had been married so long when they were at their 10th year or so and thinking it was so far away.  It flew by!  Our 10 years haven't been all bliss and roses but 2016 was- I think- our best year yet.  I married the best man out there!

We purchased our own land.  We don't plan to build for a while but knowing it's ours to build one day is exciting.  The kids already have big plans for chickens and forts.  Eric and I are just picturing sipping coffee on the future porch overlooking our amazing views together.  Eventually.
We love Tennessee.  The people here are awesome- we really have a great tribe here in the south, the weather is so much better.  Even the hot blazing summers are a better trade off than the MN winters.  We have really enjoyed being located closer to our families as well and have utilized our central location to visit them all quite often.

Our children are healthy and growing.

Our home is small, yet cozy.

Eric's job is a wonderful blessing that continually stretches him and provides new opportunities we otherwise wouldn't have imagined.

However, we look to this new year of 2017 with great expectation and hope as our family continues to grow deeper in His love.  Happy New Year!
Some side notes:  I have deleted my Facebook app off of my phone as I believed it to be more of a distraction than anything.  I will still have my account but I want to devote more time to my blog as a way of communicating with my close family and friends instead.  I want to photograph more of the things I have probably been missing with my nose stuck to a phone screen.  I want our children to know that I am present in our day and in their lives and I just don't see that in the way I would like to.  So, by limiting my access to social media I am hoping that it will help reach some new goals of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half way

We are half way through our 1st week back and it’s been a whirlwind of facts, checklists, narration, a few tears, good books, chores, bible ...