Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Pierce Brown

For Christmas I was given 3 first edition hard-covered books from the Red Rising series from my dad and today we went to get them all signed and to meet my favorite author Pierce Brown. 
It was amazing and my words lack the justice the experience deserves.  He was so well spoken yet laid back and one of the smartest guys Ive ever heard speak.   
The first hour was a question and answers.  I actually raised my hand (in front of a couple hundred people) and asked him if he would parallel his development as a writer through the series compared to his character's development (which is some of the best I have ever read). 
In essence, he said he use to be a fast and brash writer and has evolved into more of a thinking/cautious ("wimpy") one. 
When he described what he was like as a child all I could think of was Mathias.  So similar! 
Then we waited in line (in group B) to get our books signed and shake hands with him.
He was so friendly, chatted with both my dad and me and even shared his skittles candy.  



 All the books he signed. 
 The first "no dad" picture
 And I apparently couldn't stop laughing b/c I was so nervous.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half way

We are half way through our 1st week back and it’s been a whirlwind of facts, checklists, narration, a few tears, good books, chores, bible ...