Friday, February 3, 2017

Diagnosis

 For over 1 month now we have been in and out of doctors with a myriad of tests trying to figure out what has been ailing me.  Every time I eat I am in immense pain and it never really goes away. 
I have been on a very limited diet consisting mostly of bone broth, tea, toast and fruit.  The children have been very wonderfully patient and have learned a lot of lessons about rolling with life.  Right now my doctor, Dr Hutton, thinks that I have a very rare disease called Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis.  Basically, we think I had some kind of allergic reaction and my white blood cells that are suppose to fight off infection have multiplied and have begun attack my organs.  I have blood work at the lab right now to see what that said reaction could have been caused by.  Until then, we have eased way back on my exercise b/c I have very little energy from my lack of food.  We are also taking it one day at a time and plugging away at school on good days and resting on the not-so-good days.  I have also decided to give up my piano lessons so I have more time to rest.  The kids will be continuing with there lessons though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half way

We are half way through our 1st week back and it’s been a whirlwind of facts, checklists, narration, a few tears, good books, chores, bible ...