Tuesday, February 12, 2019

When life is hard...

Please forgive my absence once again.  My last post of 2 weeks being sick turned into nearly 6 weeks of fevers, coughing up blood and food, unable to lay down- which meant I slept sitting up for nearly a month, migraines, respiratory problems, minimal eating, chest pain, coughing, etc.  It was a challenging start to our year- for everyone in the family.  Eric had to take a lot of time to work from home, run kids to events, work extra hard keeping the house together, feeding everyone.  He is my hero for sure!
 Luckily, we have finally  stumbled upon a few answers- hallelujah- that have led us to take more tests.  Yesterday I spent the entire morning at the lab getting 14 vials of blood drawn to test for other things we haven't considered before.  We learned that my cortisol is basically non-existent.  My adrenals are shot.  My body's systems are in shut-down/failure.
Stress makes is so much worse.  Emotional, physical, environmental, etc., which is why exercise exacerbated it.  Stressful days make it worse and I am stuck in a never ending cycle of being so exhausted it's equivalent to being drugged but still having to plow through my days, cook, clean, teach, etc., causing my body more stress b/c daily tasks are seemingly impossible and take copious amounts of effort.  The lack of consistent help here in Florida doesn't help.  Tense family situations make it worse.
We are learning though.  In a few days we will have more blood results that will hopefully lead to more answers and in the meantime I do not have to wonder why life is so darn hard right now.  It's not in my head and my body really is struggling to just function.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half way

We are half way through our 1st week back and it’s been a whirlwind of facts, checklists, narration, a few tears, good books, chores, bible ...