Saturday, August 4, 2018

How’s Florida...


This picture pretty much sums up our time here in Florida.  It's been a challenge.  We have desperately been trying to settle in and find community but most of those doors have shut.  We are picking up our boot straps again this fall however and I have signed up the kids for several church programs so they can meet more friends and Eric and I are joining a few bible studies in hopes of some kind of connection.  Some days- most days- I don't mind the seclusion.  I enjoy homeschooling and gardening and keeping house, but on those rare occasions we just want to leave and go on an adventure with some kindred spirits there are none to be found.  I keep reminding myself that "He is sufficient" and that if we never find what I want than He will sustain me.  So until then, I keep pressing into the Word, worshipping with my simple acts of obedience and loving those that are around me the best that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half way

We are half way through our 1st week back and it’s been a whirlwind of facts, checklists, narration, a few tears, good books, chores, bible ...