Thursday, June 11, 2015

Kickboxing fight.

 May 2, 2015 I had my first kickboxing fight at Neisen's Sports Bar.  I trained for nearly 4months, 2xs a day while Eric was in Nashville.  We had house showings and weight cutting.  It was really rough but I managed to push through.
 About 1 week before the fight I had to drop my weight from 143 to 135lbs.  I made weight at 134.  My opponent missed and weighed in at 140lbs.  It really fueled my fire to win after all my hard work.
Plus I got to refuel and enjoy dinner with my dad who flew in special just for my fight weekend.
 I wasn't nervous all day or night.  I was really calm and felt I had trained all I could in the time I had.  It was the hardest thing I had ever attempted and I left it all in the training room.  Blood, sweat, tears and lots of bruising.
 Walking out I didn't even have butterflies.  I am usually always nervous, especially in front of people.  This time I didn't care at all. 
 With Merrick and Brandon in my corner I felt really confident.
 This guy did 1 on 1 lessons with me every week and made me work.  Super grateful for his help and coaching.

 And Merrick is probably one of my most favorite people ever.  He's like a big brother to me and I am missing him and his coaching very much.  He pushed me and challenged me and was there to hug me when it was all over!
 This picture was post fight with my dad.  It was awesome to have him there cheering me on.  I didn't take a single hard hit and felt great after it was all done. 
 Waiting to fight...
 Face off...
 I knew that if i stayed aggressive she wouldn't have time to play her game.  So, i just stayed on her and tried to never let her get focused. 


 Between rounds I wanted to puke.  I was sooooooo tired.  I can't believe I was able to go all three rounds without passing out.  I felt like I was floating after the first round.  But pushing through in training allowed me to realize how temporary the pain was and to push through the fight rounds. 
 After winning the first 2 rounds Merrick wanted me to try some kicks.  Head kicks to be more exact.  I had landed several in training and he was sure I could do it in this fight.  Worst case he said, you miss and you're still winning.  Well, i ended up landing 4 head kicks!  It was amazing.  I surprised myself so much that I didn't follow up with much else.  Haha.

 
 Waiting to get called over for the results.  I could hardly breath at this point but I knew that I had won.
 Best feeling ever!  I miss training so very much but I am very grateful to have trained with Merrick and gone out with a WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half way

We are half way through our 1st week back and it’s been a whirlwind of facts, checklists, narration, a few tears, good books, chores, bible ...